What Is Color Street?
If you haven’t heard of Color Street yet, I am excited for you because your journey to having pretty nails just got way easier. Color Street is a brand of 100% nail polish strips that apply with no heat and no special tools, and are dry-to-the-touch immediately. They last up to two weeks and respond to regular nail polish remover. You can use them on your fingers and your toes.
Each set has 16 double-ended strips and ranges from $11-$14. Such a deal for an easy, smudge-free mani, you guys. They offer a wide range of solid colors, glitters, nail art and French tips, the new spring shades they recently released are on point.
The Color Street Manicure
All of these above are manicures I’ve done over the last few months. You can see that it’s super-easy to do some custom nail art with these babies, too! Since they’re in strip form you can simply cut them into different shapes.
Color Street is a game changer when it comes to the nail polish world, which hasn’t seen a major technological update since the early 1900’s when the nail polish bottle was created. Other nail stickers have come out, but these are actual polish. It’s an amazing technology because it solves so many problems with the traditional liquid format. You know I love problem-solvers, in fashion and beauty. I love that I can stop mid-manicure and make Sienna a snack or let Camper outside. I used to get gel manicures often, but the cost, time and damage to my nails made it less-than-fun for me. It became more of a chore. These, however, are so fun, especially since they are coming out with new shades now monthly!
Manicure Tips & Tricks
These are super-easy to apply, and the strips are in various sizes to fit a variety of nails. The back of each set features instructions. Here are just a few tips and tricks I’ve learned work best, especially if you are trying them for the first time:
- Have clean nails with no lotion or oils on them before applying. The nail strips include little alcohol wipes to prep your nails and help with adhesion.
- Apply from pinky to thumb, in that order, using your thumbnail to remove the excess strip on the end. You can get two nails out of each strip! I find I only come back and file a bit at the end to clean up edges. A cuticle stick also works well to remove excess.
- For the longest lasting results, apply right before bed. There’s no dry time, so you can pop right into bed without fear of smudging them, but then the strips have overnight to completely set.
- The glitter styles are the most forgiving for your first application. I’d choose one of those to start with!
- If you love the solid colors best or the nail art without glitter, consider adding the Clear As Day strips as your 4th set that you get FREE with the promotion. It really adds longevity to the solid sets. I find the glitter sets don’t need the Clear As Day.
Be sure to take advantage of the Buy 3 Get 1 free deal when ordering by adding ALL 4 sets you’d like to your cart (all solids, glitters and nail art apply!) The French sets are Buy 1 Get 1 free, so add two to your cart. The discounts will automatically be applied when you add the correct number of strips!
Hope you give these a try! Here’s to pretty, easy nails!