This relaxing heat therapy is a great treatment for those looking to:
- Relieve pain and joint stiffness
- Reduce stress and fatigue
- Burn 600 – 2500 calories per wrap
- Dramatically reduce cellulite
- Completely invigorate the body
- Detox waste and impurities
- Improve your immune system
- Increase blood circulation
- Strengthen the cardiovascular system
Also known as Far Infrared Ray (FIR) or Heat Therapy
- Far Infrared expands capillaries which stimulates increased blood flow, regeneration, circulation and oxygenation.
- Far Infrared is excellent for detox. Scientists in Japan report that in the FIR treatment of clogged capillary vessels, heat expands the capillaries and then initiates the start of a process to dissolve hidden toxins. Far Infrared thereby promotes elimination of fats, chemicals and toxins from the blood: Poisons, carcinogenic heavy metals – toxic substances from food processing – lactic acid, free fatty acids, and subcutaneous fat associated with aging and fatigue – excess sodium associated with hypertension – and uric acid which causes pain. Furthermore, if sebaceous glands are activated, accumulated cosmetics in pores can be eliminated through the skin (sweat and oil glands) rather than by the kidneys.
- Far Infrared stimulates enzyme activity and metabolism – One hour improves metabolism. FIR heat aids in breaking down cellulite – trapped water, fat and waste.
- Far Infrared may induce the killing of varied pathogenic (disease causing) bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites.
- Far Infrared promotes rebuilding of injured tissue by having a positive effect on the fibroblasts (connective tissue cells necessary for the repair of injury). Furthermore, it increases growth of cells, DNA syntheses, and protein synthesis all necessary during tissue repair and regeneration. Excellent for healing burns, scar tissue and skin problems.
- Far Infrared relieves nervous tension and relax autoneuro muscles thereby helping the body make the most of its intended healing abilities. FIR reduces soreness on nerve endings and muscle spasms, as muscle fibers are heated.
- Far Infrared strengthens the Immune System by stimulating increased production of white blood cells (leukocytes) by the bone marrow and killer T-cells by the thymus.
- Far Infrared strengthens the Cardiovascular System by causing heart rate and cardiac output increase, and diastolic blood pressure decrease – Extensive research by NASA in the early 1980’s led to the conclusion that far infrared stimulation of cardiovascular function would be the ideal way to maintain cardiovascular conditioning in American astronauts during long space flight.
Heat Therapy for Pain Relief
Back Pain: Low level heat therapy is more effective than over-the-counter oral medications for relieving low back pain, according to the results of a nationwide study led by a sports medicine researcher at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
Cardiovascular Conditioning: The August 7, 1981 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association reported that regular use of a sauna may impact a similar stress on the cardiovascular system, and its regular use may be as effective, as a means of cardiovascular conditioning and burning of calories, as regular exercise. Due to the deep penetration of the infrared rays generated by the Far Infrared Sauna, there is a heating effect deep in the muscular tissues and the internal organs. The body responds to this deep-heating effect via a hypothalamic-induced increase in both heart volume and rate. This beneficial heart stress leads to a sought-after cardiovascular training and conditioning effect.
Fibromyalgia: FIR body wrap therapy at 140F (60C) for 15 minutes then decreased for the next 30 to 45 minutes. A 50% reduction in pain after the first treatment is usually the result. By the 10th treatment the result is generally a long term reduction in pain. Most sufferers are found to be malnourished, have lowered immune function, have one or more viral, fungal, or bacterial infections (almost always not detectable by orthodox means), and cannot detoxify their heavy metals such as mercury, cadmium, aluminum etc. Therefore, FIR Therapy provides a safe, natural form of detoxification which is so very crucial for fibromyalgia patients.
Inflammation: The increased peripheral circulation occurring with FIR body wrap therapy provides the transportation needed to help evacuate the edema, which can help stop inflammation, decrease pain and help speed healing.
Chronic Pain: New clinical research on pain offers evidence to establish a novel class of pain, heat responsive pain or HRP which encompasses several common pain conditions that can be treated with the use of heat therapy. Researchers studying HRP have observed remarkable therapeutic benefits by using continuous low-level heat therapy for treating lower-back, upper-body and menstrual pain, all conditions that fall under the new HRP classification. The deep heat of the FIR sauna helps peripheral blood vessels dilate, bringing relief and healing to muscle and soft tissue injuries. Increased blood circulation carries off metabolic waste products and delivers oxygen-rich blood to oxygen-depleted muscle, so they recover faster. Muscles relax most readily when tissues are warm, for greater flexibility and range of motion.
Skin/Beauty: The profuse sweating achieved after just a few minutes in far infrared sauna unclogs the skin pores and carries off deeply embedded impurities and dead skin cells, leaving the skin glowing, youthful, baby smooth, soft, immaculately clean and free of accumulated dirt and dry skin cells. Increased circulation and dilation of the body’s capillary network draws the skin’s own natural nutrients to the surface. It improves complexion, tone, elasticity, texture and fresh color of the skin. Increased blood circulation has also been shown to relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, lesions and cuts. In addition, open wounds may heal more quickly, reducing scarring and even burns.
Heat Therapy for Weight Loss
As you relax in the “surround-sound” heat, being provided by the infrared wrap system, your body is actually hard at work producing sweat, pumping blood, and burning calories. According to The Journal of the American Medical Association, in a single infrared wrap session you may burn as many calories as you would rowing or jogging for 30 minutes. The heat that it creates will help increase a person’s metabolism for the next 24 to 36 hours. So basically you burn calories not only during your wrap, but for at least a day to a day and a half afterwards!
Thermolipolysis occurs when the body, being heated from the inside out, is no longer able to cool itself through perspiration. It is in this state when the body is forced to spend it’s stock of excess fat and water reserves. The increased thermolipolytic action of infrared works from the deep fat layers to the superficial tissue layers (dermis). The breakdown of fats into a more liquid form allows the secretion of excess bodily water, toxins, and fat as you perspire.
Infrared Sauna Precautions & Contradictions
Saunas & Medications
- Saunas & Cardiovascular Conditions Individuals with cardiovascular conditions or problems (hypertension / hypo tension), congestive heart failure, impaired coronary circulation or those who are taking medications which might affect blood pressure should exercise caution when exposed to prolonged heat. Heat stress increases cardiac output and blood flow in an effort to transfer internal body heat to the outside environment via the skin (perspiration) and respiratory system. This takes place primarily due to major changes in the heart rate
- Saunas & Alcohol / Alcohol Abuse Alcohol intoxication decreases a person’s judgment; therefore, he/she may not realize when the body has a negative reaction to high heat. Alcohol also increases the heart rate, which may be further increased by heat stress.
- Saunas & Chronic Conditions / Diseases Associated With Reduced Ability To Sweat Or Perspire Multiple Sclerosis, Central Nervous System Tumors and Diabetes with Neuropathy are conditions that are associated with impaired sweating
- Saunas & Hemophiliacs / Individuals Prone To Bleeding The use of infrared saunas should be avoided by anyone who is predisposed to bleeding
- Saunas & Fever An individual who has a fever should not use an infrared sauna until the fever subsides.
- Saunas & Insensitivity to Heat An individual with insensitivity to heat should not use an infrared sauna.
- Saunas & Pregnancy Pregnant women should consult a physician before using an infrared sauna.
- Saunas & Menstruation Heating of the low back area of women during the menstrual period may temporarily increase their menstrual flow.
- Saunas & Joint Injury If you have a recent (acute) joint injury, it should not be heated for the first 48 hours after an injury or until the swollen symptoms subside. If you have a joint or joints that are chronically hot and swollen, these joints may respond poorly to vigorous heating of any kind.
- Saunas & Implants Metal pins, rods, artificial joints or any other surgical implants generally reflect infrared waves and thus are not heated by this system. Nevertheless, you should consult your physician prior to using an infrared sauna.
- Saunas & Pacemakers / Defibrillators The magnets used to assemble our saunas can interrupt the pacing and inhibit the output of pacemakers. Please discuss with your doctor the possible risks this may cause. In the rare event that you experience pain and/or discomfort, immediately discontinue sauna use